Here’s an exciting change of menu for your dog. The ingredients are some of the most desired food your pup will undoubtedly enjoy.
So, now and then, we like to cook them some delicious, special dog beef stew.
2 medium carrots, diced
1 cup peas (frozen are best)
2 to 3 potatoes diced
1 to 2 lbs. ground beef, chicken or turkey
Hint: Feel free to replace the veggies with others of your choice.
Additional note: Potatoes, peas, and carrots, can be substituted with other vegetables of your choice.
- Cooking pot to hold all of the ingredients
- Cooking utensils or stirring spoon
- Chopping board
- Bowl for water
- Place the beef or chicken in the pot and cook well, Keep the liquid extracts from cooking the meat.
To enhance the stew, add a little coconut oil to the juices from the cooked meat that’s in the pot (this is optional).
- Add the chopped veggies: carrots, potatoes, and the peas to the pot (or other vegetables of your choice).
- Stir in water to the mixture until it covers the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer the mixture until the vegetables are cooked.
- Reduce the heat to keep the dish warm, and be sure to let the stew cool before serving.
Meal serving size should remain the same. This dish can be frozen or refrigerated for later meals.